How can the MediaMonkey Remote be improved?

better sort capabilities.

after you search a particular artist for all their songs, then be able to sort by: star rating, alphabetical song title, album etc.,

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elmar commented  · 

It would be good to have the "everything" search parameter be used in the same way as currently in mediamonkey. At present you can only search keywords occurring in a single tag. In mediamonkey you can type in multiple keywords. A first keyword may be present in the file location, a second in the artist tag and so on. This allows a more flexible way of searching.

• AdminErlend Dahl (Developer, MediaMonkey Remote) commented  · 

Maybe! The reason why it does not yet exist is performance. Currently, I load lists on demand (when you scroll). To sort them, I need to load everything before you can even start scrolling, and that will take time.

I need to fix some of the old Library code to be able to sort without loading everything (sort through the database instead), but that's a complicated task.

I hope I can do this not too far into the future, but there is other stuff that has higher priority first.

• Lukas commented  · 

I see the idea is from 2013 and not yet implemented.
        Will it ever?
        I really would like to be able to sort in different ways.

• Keith commented  · 

I GUESS that I that Will add to this instead of starting a new item. Once viewing an artist I would like to sort the albums chronologically from oldest to newest. This is the way this old fogey used to sort his albums.

• Jim Kelly commented  · 

Yes! Someone asks if you can play a particular Artist or even an Album. I want to oblige but restrict to just the tracks that I have given five stars to, or maybe 5+4 if too few 5s, or (cringing) 5+4+3. No, let's make that all 5 then all 4 and lastly all 3 star rated songs!

Thanks,

Feedback and Knowledge Base