Skip to content

General

106 results found

1. support disc field for correct order when playing albums

When playing albums the ordering of songs should support disc number to ensure correct ordering.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ignore the "the" when sorting artists

I was kind of surprised this doesn't seem to be an option. Can you please add this as a coice in settings? Very frustrating to have a ton of artists sorted under "the." Thank you for the great remote!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Don't play notification sound when raising/lowering volume using volume +/- buttons

Currently, the app plays a sort of system sound when I raise/lower volume using the hardware volume +/- rocker. Since I leave my phone volume rather high (so that I'll actually notice it if it goes off), this notification sound is rather loud and obnoxious, especially since it plays it every time i hit the buttons. Please allow me to turn off this notification sound in the settings, I don't want it to play at all if possible. Thanks :).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Support for Media Monkey 5

MM Remote currenttly not working with Media Monkey 5

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Select allowed functions in the Remote Server window

It's similar to the ideas "party mode" and "restrict librarys". Would be great to have the possibility to allow/forbit functions with checkboxes in an new folder from the MediaMonkey Remote Server window.
    Especially the "play now"-function is sometimes a "party-killer".

Great extension for MM - thanks & go on!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Connection Via Cellular Network and Port Forwarding

I stream MediaMonkey to an icecast server so I can listen via bluetooth on my phone in the car to my entire library without needing to download locally. I am looking for a solution to control what is being played locally on my machine at home. Your app is PERFECT, but seems to require a local wi-fi connection to work. I set up my router to port-forward the port my remote server is running, but I cannot connect if I turn off wi-fi. I think this would be a great feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This is indeed supported. Make sure the ports are correctly forwarded, and provide your app with the computer’s external IP (and again, the correct port number), and everything should work. I am doing the same myself. :)

8. Change standard query settings to "everything"

All MMR users I know change the query settings to "everything" to be able to comfortably search.
    I think "everything" as standard setting would be batter than "track".
    Who's the same opinion?

Greetings Jooo

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Agreed! Sorry it took me so long, I'm going through UserVoice and doing a clean-up now, and just discovered this suggestion that I hadn't seen before.

This change will be included in the next update of both MMRemote4 and MMRemote5.

9. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Continuous scrolling (remove next /previous page)

Having next and previous page buttons as well as scrolling is a jarring experience. Removing scrolling all together and just have next previous buttons would be better but having a single scrollable album list would be the best solution. I think if you load info ahead of the current scrolling position it should be possible. I'm assuming it's done the current way for performance reasons but there are ways around this with a bit more work obviously.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. This is actually done in the coming update, see my latest comment in the comment section at the BOTTOM of this page: https://mmremote.uservoice.com/forums/216825-general/suggestions/7552941-continuous-scrolling-remove-next-previous-page.

Previous message:
    -———————————————

Hi there!

Do you by any chance have an old version of the remote? As you describe it, with both scrolling and buttons, it sounds like you have the 1.6 version, where you could “slide” the album art to get to other tracks. Is that right?

If so, I suggest you update to the latest version (currently 2.4, with 2.5 ready to be released in a couple of weeks). These versions have lots of improvements, including your “step 1”: removing scrolling all together.

This was done because the slide views caused a lot of problems, and made maintenance a nightmare for me. Currently, I am planning to retry the slide views at a later time (and may remove…

11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new widget design is partially transparent. Will come with the next update. As for editing, I assume you mean editing general track details. Please add your vote(s) to the already existing suggestion about that. :)

12. Disable External Remote Control

Option to disable external access, outside of the home network

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A feature that can be used for this was released with version 2.5. In the new server, go to Remotes => Default => Access, and uncheck all the permissions to disable all default remotes. Then select the remotes you want to give access, and check all the permissions.

Not exactly that, but I am planning a whitelist
    functionality, so that you can allow only your own devices to access your server.

13. 3 suggestions

hello, before my suggestion, congratulation for your plugin.

1°) possibility to hide icon in the system tray (on windows)
    2°) one line widget on android device
    3°) android widget continue to work when the app is close

I will make more donation with more options :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Play button for search results

Playing a song from the search results using the long-press is somewhat awkward. Why not add a play button right there?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sleeping funtion

Sleep feature. Just to be able to turn off music at bedtime range from 15 minutes to 120 minutes. Etc

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Start minimised to bloody tray!

The function already seems to be there. We tick the box every time. And yet, upon restart - up pops that damn MMR Server window.

The futility. It burns!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this due to lack of feedback. As far as I can see, it works. I have, however, fixed a bug that sometimes made the settings file get overwritten, causing settings to disappear (which could cause the minimize to tray setting to reset). Hope that fixed it. (Wait for update 2.5)

Older messages:
    -———————————————————-

Hi there!

Have you made sure to tick both “Minimize to tray” AND “Start minimized”?

Also, please make sure you have the newest version — there was a bug with this functionality in the first 2.x versions. Newest now is 2.4.

Update 2
    -————————————————

Please confirm if it was indeed one of the above, or if it is an actual bug, so that I know if I can safely remove this, or if I have to start investigating. :)

17. No Connection Without Pressing Stop or Play When Opening App

When I open the app on my HTC One, no connection is made to the server and I can't browse my library. If I press play or stop, the app immediately connects. It should connect upon opening and browsing, should it not? This seems like a minor initial connection bug.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Library long klick on an Artist, Year, Rating an Play all

It should also be possibly that in the Library view when i hold long one the Menue on genre, artist, year or rating the pop-up menu Popsup where i can choose "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Last" as well as it is quite possible with the albums and the Location.

Excuses please for my English ;)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You mean that you want to be able to play all the different types of “folders” in the Library, just as you can do with Albums and Locations in the current version, right?

If so, it’s already implemented, and will be released with the next version.

19. Possibility to select and display more tags of tracks (playing/playlist/search results) such as genre, year, bitrate etc.

When searching for tracks one might have several versions of songs. To be able to select the right track, additional tags might help. Also one's memory might be a little off and to have additional tags would surely refresh one's memory in picking the best tracks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. video list in the app

It would be nice to see the video list in the app as well, instead of needing to search for the name of the video. I just got media monkey and the remote app today and i love it. That's the only thing that has bugged me. Thank you.

Peace,
    Cory

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories